Financial Friday: Fighting Debt Is Like Fighting A War So I Read

>> Friday, September 3, 2010

Financial Friday: Fighting Debt Is Like Fighting A War So I Read
by Alice Shaffer


As I was preparing this Financial Friday I sat beside a stack of my bills and an unfinished budget for the month of September.  The holidays are almost here!  It is 113 days till Christmas. Insanity! It was just here it seems!  This year I add a brand new nephew to the purchases :)   I decided to look at some of the financial blogs I frequent for inspiration. I ran into The Financial Samurai, one  I have never been to before, but the title of the guest blog was Sun Tzu's Art of War Applied to Your Battle Against Debt .  I was hooked into reading the post. Now let me tell you history has never been a subject of interest for myself, but I wanted to know how my personal debt was like a battle in a war!   Simon Zhen from The Realm of Prosperity was the guest writer of this awesome post.  


You may be questioning my reasoning on sharing this with you all. Here is why I wanted to share this post with you debt isn't all about the dollars and cents, it is mental as well.  This post really opened my eyes and my thinking up to how debt is a mental game. We don't want to lose battles we want to win no matter the battle or war.  I am in the process of preparing my 4th quarter war of my debt for 2010.  This has helped me get "mentally" in the game of my debt to finish out the year on a solid good note.  I hope it speaks to you as well in some fashion.
  
Make sure to visit Simon's blog along with The Financial Samurai's blog for more information on finances.  I am so happy to share this with you all! 


Here is some of the blog post:

Sun Tzu’s Art of War Applied to Your Battle Against Debt



“Every battle is won before it is ever fought.”
This was the infamous line said by Gordon Gekko in the popular 1987 film Wall Street. Derived from Sun Tzu’sArt of War, a 2400-year-old Chinese text on military strategy, the teachings of this tactical mastermind have proven useful in various aspects of present-day life besides warfare.
Although Sun Tzu’s Art of War is studied most religiously by military commanders, political leaders, and corporate executives, the concepts are scalable to conflicts as minuscule as your struggle with debt. Like in war, where the objective is to overcome the enemy resistance, it is everyone’s goal to conquer their personal debt.
Debt is the bad guy. We are the good guys. The road to financial independence is a righteous path where we’ll have multiple encounters with debt – a merciless obstacle that seeks to consume us. Luckily, an old man from many many years ago jotted down some powerful advice that may serve the purpose of securing a victory against debt.
Universal Debt Teachings
Debt is, without a doubt, a dangerous adversary. A vast majority of the American population acknowledges the risks of carrying debt, yet we peacefully welcome it into our lives. The failure to understand the depth of the matter is a major reason that so many of us become victims of debt.
We must remain cognizant of the responsibilities of debt:
It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected. [Laying Plans: #2]
Thus it may be known that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people’s fate, the man on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril. [Waging War: #20]
  • Personal debt is influential in more than just our financial lives – it can alter lifestyles, sway career decisions, destroy relationships, and disrupt any sense of stability and comfort. Take it seriously because it truly could be a matter of life or death to not only yourself but also everyone around you.
make sure you go to 
to read the rest of this great history lesson and post on debt and war! 

0 comments:

ShareThis

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy

I am not a certified financial planner. Any posts or pages written within this blog is the opinion of myself and not to be taken as financial advice. Any actions by an individual driven by information within this property do so at their own risk. Always consult a professional before making financial decisions.

Your information will not be sold to any third parties.

Contact Me

The Financial Nanny
thefinancialnanny@gmail.com

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP