Financial Friday: Do You Trick Yourself Into Saving Money?

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

 Do You Trick Yourself Into Saving Money?



This past week I was I looking for some papers and found a bank envelope with $100 in it.  This was exciting as I was going to be meeting a friend for dinner later that night.  I got to thinking, what other money do I have hiding from myself.  This money was great as it was a "additional" amount of money for my allowance. This means that I have another $100 to pay towards my bills this month.  Anything to pay ahead is great.


I ran across this post on The Frugal Duchess: 6 Ways I Scam Myself Into Saving. I was amazed by some of The Frugal Duchess's ways of scamming herself into saving.  I do some of things she says. I have my main bank at a credit union in my homestate. I have a local bank for cashing checks and so forth.  I pay myself first for my savings account and my allowance every other week when I get my paycheck. 

What are some ways that you trick yourself into saving money to pay off debt and for future adventures.

0 comments:

ShareThis

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy

I am not a certified financial planner. Any posts or pages written within this blog is the opinion of myself and not to be taken as financial advice. Any actions by an individual driven by information within this property do so at their own risk. Always consult a professional before making financial decisions.

Your information will not be sold to any third parties.

Contact Me

The Financial Nanny
thefinancialnanny@gmail.com

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP