Receipts...and how not to store them :)

>> Monday, June 8, 2009

Today, Kidlet #3 wanted his scissors back. He asked to go in my purse to get them, I said fine. He starts pulling things out and can't find them. In order to find his scissors, he dumps my purse upside! I was just laughing. He then goes on to lecture me on the contents of my purse.

I have tons of receipts loose in my purse, werther's candies, a notepad,my camera, a calendar, pens, and candy wrappers..junk basically. He then starts telling me that I don't need the candy, the notepad: because I have the calendar, and that I need to keep my receipts in a box or something.

That leads me to my question to you my readers: "How do you organize your work receipts?"

Please leave a comment so that we can discuss. Oh and my receipts are now in a gallon size ziploc bag till I go through them and get reimbursed :)

2 comments:

Anonymous June 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I just left a comment at length, and then it disappeared when my login request was processed! How frustrating!

Basically, I keep bigger work receipts in another section of my wallet: the one where my credit card, library card, etc. go. I have a non-folding, dollar bill-length wallet. I keep my own receipts with my paper money. And I submit for reimbursement monthly, although I used to spend enough to submit weekly.

I'm also given money for Petty Cash, which goes in a ziploc bag with the current kid photo and permission-to-treat forms. I keep petty cash receipts in the same bag for a month, and pitch them when I submit the other receipts for reimbursement. (My employers don't want to bother tracking petty cash, but I want to be prepared if they question how quickly it's disappearing.)

Christine September 18, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

when i had kids that went places (currently i have 3 mo. old triplets, lol we dont exactly run the roads at this time) i used to keep a seperate wallet in our bag. it was one of the thin trendy kind, a rectangle and about a half-inch think. in it i kept our cash for the week/day, receipts until i submitted, membership cards for museums etc, and cupons we might use, like free kids meal or something like that. it worked really well, and i was never searching for anything for them when i had less than one hand to look for something!

ShareThis

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Disclaimer & Privacy Policy

I am not a certified financial planner. Any posts or pages written within this blog is the opinion of myself and not to be taken as financial advice. Any actions by an individual driven by information within this property do so at their own risk. Always consult a professional before making financial decisions.

Your information will not be sold to any third parties.

Contact Me

The Financial Nanny
thefinancialnanny@gmail.com

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP